Follow Me on Pinterest

Search This Blog

Number of Visitors:

About Me

My photo
Massachusetts, United States
I am a happily married 1st grade teacher who loves to eat!

An Apple for the Teacher

An Apple for the Teacher

Check out some recent topics!

recipe (6) Christmas cookies (3) cookies (3) dessert (2) pie (2) award (1) bread (1) breakfast (1) chocolate (1) dinner (1) dog treats (1) dogs (1) holiday (1) meatballs (1) side dish (1) snack (1) svegetable (1) turkey (1)
Powered by Blogger.

11.29.2011

Besame mucho!

It was Italian night in our house last night. For me, that just means cooking meatballs and speaking with an atrocious Italian accent (as in "passa me the moozadella"). While I am not a big fan of pasta (don't get me started, noodles are not my thing), I love tomato sauce. Paired with meatballs or chicken cutlets, tomato sauce is a staple in the D-family's household pantry. I have made my own version of Giada DeLaurentiis's turkey meatballs. The only reason I stray from the original recipe is because of what I do (or do not) have available in my pantry!

These turkey poultryballs are so fab that you'll never miss ground beef, and that's a promise! While I am no Italian, I am related to a few and they also are big supporters of the turkey meatball (shout out to Sara and Joe!). Here's the dynamite recipe ( a variation of Giada's original):


1 package of ground turkey ( I use extra lean, but if you want more flavor - do otherwise!)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley OR 1 teaspoon dried parsley
pinch of salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Roll tablespoon size turkey balls and set aside (should be enough for 12-18 balls). Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Working in batches of 5 or 6, cook on each side for 3 minutes. Keep cooked turkey balls in the oven on 200 to keep warm. Serve over spaghetti and homemade tomato sauce (I promise I'll follow up with my easy-peasy tomato recipe!).

Even Mona wanted a taste!



Voila! Wait... that's not right, "Ecco!" (I think?) Either way, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Mona! Of course she wanted a taste! They look deliciozo! Now, is that ground turkey BREAST or ground turkey (which has a little bit of everything--you don't want to know)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for commenting! I use turkey breast, it's less fattening, though the original recipe does suggest using the "everything bu the kitchen sink" darker ground turkey because it does have more flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete